"There is one extraordinary ingredient that goes into everything I cook and bake. Please, do not forget this ingredient for it is important to all recipes. When I am cooking or baking, I add extra spoonful's of love to all my recipes. Love added to all things good makes them just a little bit better."
For many years I have been baking this moist bundt cake to the delight of my customers and friends. It is easy, semi healthy and a good old fashioned moist cake.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter
1⅔ cups sugar or 1½ cup of sugar substitute
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon of plain whole yogurt (do not use non or low-fat)
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
¾ cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 cup mini chocolate chips (larger chips will sink to the bottom of the cake.)
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, set aside. (Optional)
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2. Add the sour cream to the butter mixture and mix.
3. Add the flour, cocoa and baking soda to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
4. Add the mini chocolate chips to the batter as the last ingredient, and thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
5. Grease WELL a Bundt pan.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake 45-50 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
When cake is cool, sprinkle the 2 tablespoons or less of powdered sugar on the top, if desired.
* Use a paper lace doily placed on top of cooled cake for a pretty effect when sprinkling the powdered sugar over the doily and then very gently remove the doily.