"There is one extraordinary ingredient that goes into everything I cook and bake. Please, do not forget this ingredient for it is important to all recipes. When I am cooking or baking, I add extra spoonful's of love to all my recipes. Love added to all things good makes them just a little bit better."
Due to the fact that I have received many e-mails and verbal compliments raving about the moist flavor of this bread, I felt that I needed to share it with you. Thus, enjoy the marvelously, healthful flavor as many have to date!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
5 large bananas or 6 small bananas (Ripe but not over browned and mushy)
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup Chocolate chips, raisins and/or walnuts (OPTIONAL)
1. Mash the bananas in the mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter, sugar and eggs to the bananas. Cream the bananas and egg mixture thoroughly.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Grease a standard size bread pan.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Bake 55-65 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Allow the bread to settle into the pan for 1 minute and then remove it to prevent any further baking. I will usually invert the pan onto a large piece of plastic wrap, allow the steam to evaporate from the bottom for a minute and then reverse to top side up and it wrap the whole loaf in the plastic wrap to seal in its moisture.
8. Allow this bread to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.